The ages of 11 - 18 can be more challenging that toddlerhood!
We offer two parenting classes specifically designed for older children. Our one-day Crash Course: Parenting 'Tweens and Teens and our five-week class Becoming a Love and Logic® Parent provide practical skills and tools that can help you face these trying times with ease!
Becoming a Love and Logic® Parent class teaches 12 tools in 3 key areas helping to discover new approaches to:
- Stay calm when kids misbehave
- Gain cooperation the first time
- Deliver effective consequences
Attending this parenting class always involves some laughs as well as some thought-provoking discussions. Kerry’s emphasis is on helping parents build healthy, strong relationships with their kids that will last a lifetime.
During each class parents will:
- Hear real-life parenting success stories
- Do simple exercised to bring the concepts to life
- Ask questions about specific parenting issues
- Problem solve with other parents
- See videos of the Love and Logic Institute, Inc. founders
- Have more fun than you think you should in a parenting class!
The parenting skills covered will include:
Topic 1: "Handling Misbehavior without Breaking a Sweat”
Discover techniques to end whining, arguing, and negotiating
Learn the secret to effective consequences
Topic 2: "Avoiding Power Struggles”
Discover how to use effective choices for sharing power
Learn tools to end battles over homework, bedtime, mornings, and more!
Topic 3: "It's Not My Problem"
Learn how to guide kids to own & solve their problems
Discover how to get your kids to help with chores
Topic 4: “Are you picking a Fight or Setting a Limit?”
Discover the language of setting loving limits
Learn how to implement the Strategic Training Session
Topic 5: “What to Do When Your Kids Leave You Speechless”
Discover how to use delayed and universal consequences